Wednesday, May 10, 2023

May 3 - 10, 2023 -- Titusville, FL - Eufaula, AL

 May 3 - 10, 2023 -- Titusville, FL - Eufaula, AL

On Wednesday we left Titusville and headed northwest to Juniper Springs Campground, near Silver Springs, FL.  This was a National Forest campground and there were no hookups.  It was a little warm in the afternoon but I sat outside and enjoyed God's creation.

Site #1


Most of the sites were on the smaller side and not really made for big rigs, and the campground road was really tight, so we would probably not return.

Thursday morning we went to Silver Springs State Park and took the glass bottom boat tour.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and now I can check it off my bucket list. The tour was 30 minutes long.  They have a 90 minute tour but it only runs on the weekends. John said he thought 30 minutes was long enough because they just have a long hard wood bench to sit on. There are also lots of trails, kayak rentals, and gardens. The water is so clear and it's a beautiful place.





I didn't realize it before the tour but this is where all the episodes of Sea Hunt were filmed.  A few movies filmed here were Rebel Without a Cause with James Dean, Distant Drums with Gary Cooper, the James Bond movie Moonraker, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and six Tarzan flicks.

We continued on our trip and spent three nights a Southern Leisure RV Resort in Chiefland, FL.  It's a fairly new large Sun Resorts and Residences park.  Since it is new the trees are still small, but all the sites have cement pads. When we checked in the lady gave me a calendar of activities as well as weekly activities that they have there.  It looked like there were many people that are not just snowbirds, but live there full-time or leave their rigs there and come and go.  It didn't mention it on the website but it is a Passport America park, so our nightly rate was $21.50 for full hookups.  We didn't go anywhere and just relaxed after going and doing in Titusville.  Very nice park and we would return.

Site #320
Street view

Sunday we drove to East Bank Campground (CoE) on Lake Seminole near Bainbridge, GA. The GA/AL state line goes right down the middle of the lake, so we could see Alabama from our site in Georgia.  It's also just over the Florida state line.  Our cell phones got a little confused about what time it was.  It was a beautiful campground and our site was right on the lake.  With the 'old geezer pass' it was $12 a night for water and 50 amp electric.  We conserved water so I was able to get two loads of laundry done and there was room left over in the grey water tank.

Site #5

The weather was really nice and I was able to sit outside in the afternoon.  The sunsets were beautiful too.  We would definitely return.




Tuesday we drove to White Oak Creek Park on Walter F. George Reservoir (CoE) near Eufaula, AL.  When I checked in the gentleman said the lake was down about three feet but there was a beach and I could still wade in it.  I didn't think anything about it because I wasn't planning on going in it.  But when I got out of the truck I was attacked by some kind of fly.  They didn't bite, but they were everywhere.  I tried to guide John in backing into the site, but it was the most animated job I've ever done.  He wasn't sure where he was supposed to go!  I don't know if it's the lake being down or if there's a dairy farm nearby, but it smells bad.  However, with the America the Beautiful Pass it's only $13 a night.  There's water and 50amp electric and I've done one load of laundry.  I think John's going to be toting grey water to the dump station before we leave on Saturday.  This time we are in Alabama and the other side of the lake is Georgia.  Our cell phones are still confused. :-)

Site #94


Roving on...

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".
Genesis 1:1

2 comments:

Marquette, KS - Concordia, KS - Smith Center, KS - Minden, NE - North Platte, NE - Valentine, NE - Wall, SD

Sunday, April 27 - Sunday, May 12, 2024 It's been a while since I did my blog.  We've been busy! We left Hutchinson, KS on Sunday, A...